Monday, November 17, 2008

Gavin Bryce

Gavin was born Nov 8, soon after the Touch a Truck park. He weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 20 inches long. He is as perfect as they come. Now if only the delivery had gone that way. I thought Karlies was bad with the fourth degree rip, then Nathan's all natural. But Gavins... we got there to late again, so I was made to go natural, no IV's, nothing. But the worst was that I had a lip or something that was preventing the head from coming out. So the doctor had to put her hands in a hold down the lip. Talk about pain, I was yelling at her to take her hands out of me, but only the head finally came over it, it went back up, we had to do it all over again. Then the little boy kept rotating his head, painful, so she had to stick her hands up and hold his head straight. All of this with no meds. I can't believe I'm still here. I push for over an hour almost 2. I think that's good birth control for me, I don't want to have another for a long time. But I must put a plug in for my doctor, she was wonderful, better then a midwife. She stayed with me the whole time from the moment I got there. And she even took pictures of the baby, because she didn't like the ones J.R. took. She took all of them but two. I was so happy to have finally a great doctor.









10 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the name :) What a cute baby! It makes me so excited to have mine, but I hope I get meds, I don't know how you do it without! Your kids look huge in comparison to little Gavin :) Is Gavin your biggest baby?

Chatfield Family said...

Good birth control in deed! I don't think I would ever even consider the possiblity of another. I share your pain, a touch. Chelsea was face up, and since they won't deliver them that way, they had to manually turn her. Oh so fun for me! I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Clisty said...

Congrats Shae!! I am so sorry you had all that pain!! At least it's finally over. He is an adorable baby!! I'm so happy for you!!

Johnson Family said...

Yea! How exciting and he is so so cute! Congrats and at least the delivery is done, right?!

Melinda said...

Congrats Shanna and JR! He's very handsome!

The Schaefers said...

He is very cute! Congrats!

The Schaefers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Truly adorable! What a cute name too. Your birthing experience sounds horrifying -- thank goodness he got here safe and sound -- too bad it had to be so hard on you. When he gets older you can tell him how stubborn he was and happy you were when he finally made it out.

I hope you are feeling better and enjoying your new little angel. Hopefully breastfeeding and all the other challenges are going better than his birth.

Cara said...

Congrats! I'm so sorry about the awful labor. In the spirit of telling horrible labor stories (I think us women can't resist this)...when I delivered Marin I ripped open my symphysis pubis (ask Jay, he'll explain the anatomy), basically ripping my lower body in half. Luckily I had an epidural, but when it wore off, let's just say I couldn't even roll over in bed for 8 weeks because of the pain. That is one reason my kids are going to be 3 years apart! Hoping #2 is a bit better. So glad your little guy is so perfect! I love the name Gavin and I love his cute little self!

Lbrtychic said...

Congratulations!!!! He is perfect and I love the name also. So sorry about the labor.