Sunday, May 3, 2009

Black Letter Month

I am just having such a unfortunate month. After a week of no money, we get new bank cards, and one bank has given us our money back. So, I thought, lets go to Walmart and buy some plants, and flowers for the yard. I picked up the kids at preschool and drove up(our Walmart is a good 30 minutes away). It was raining so I had my lights on. And yes, I forgot to turn them off. I was only in there 30 minutes. But it killed the car battery. And I go for my cell phone not there. And J.R. is at a place I don't know the number to. I tried for four hours to get someone to be kind enough to spend two minutes and jump me. I couldn't believe it, I had a crying hungry baby, and my other kids hadn't had lunch and it was getting supper time. And still nobody would stop to help, they either were to busy and had to run into walmart....or was to scared to let someone use jumper cables on their car. Finally, four hours later one kind lady, spent the 2 minutes to help me.
I'm so grateful for her, I wish I got her address, so I could send her something.
I just can't believe what the world is turning into, that only one in hundred would have the heart to help a mother of three crying kids.....I just hope I'm that one that would help.

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Oh my...sounds like you've had quite the month! First of all, I am so sorry I was so lame and did not get back to you about meeting up while you were in CV...I really really wanted to, but we were sick and then had stuff going on every day in regards to selling our house (papers to sign, etc). So, hopefully some day I will get to see you again! Glad you guys made it back safely, with the crazy flight and then the whole wallet ordeal! Also, that's so sad that no one would help you jump start your car...seriously, what is this world coming to?!

Melanie said...

You poor thing. That is crazy! 4 hours! Serious, that is terrible. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you will emotionally recover from that soon!

Tell me how your trip went sometime.